Wednesday, September 25, 2013

EDLD 5301 reflection

What a ride this action research course has been! Coming into this course I had no idea how much time and effort would be put into completing this work. As a result of the time and effort put into this course I have learned a lot about action research.
The lectures gave me a glimpse into what was expected of me each week. However, I found that the weekly overviews to be much more informative as I got more out of them. I appreciate a checklist of activities because it helps me wrap my brain around what I need to do.
The readings guided my completion of assignments. They gave me detailed information about other research inquiries. It was especially helpful in determining my evaluation methods and how I would share my research findings. I believe the most helpful part of the readings came from the Dana text. The chapter beginning on page 29 helped me find my wondering. By guiding me to look deeply at my passions this chapter assisted me in choosing a topic that was interesting and important to me.
A few searches for more information about my action research topic led me to numerous blog posts, articles, and tutorials about iPad implementation in the younger grades. This will be helpful as I come up with new strategies, procedures, and trainings for the teachers I am working with during my research.
The assignments and activities required of me during this course gave me more knowledge on action research. Paired with the readings I was able to apply the knowledge gained to my action research plan. I appreciated having a purpose for doing all of the readings and assignments.
Posting and replying to the discussion board weekly kept me current with the weekly expectations. It also kept me in touch with my classmates and allowed us to problem solve together. I know a few of my classmates' topics really well because of the discussion posts we participated in weekly. Knowing someone's topic well allows you to give more effective feedback and share new ideas freely.
The blogging aspect of the is course is well-intentioned. It allows us to share our thought with the world and with each other. The comments from classmates encouraged me to better my action research and pay close attention to their feedback. It's like the saying "you get out of it what you put into it." So far, I have not put much into my blog. Posting the required posts and nothing more has gotten me a few comments and more followers. But, I can't help but feel there could be more to it.
All of the aspects of the course propelled my action research project forward and gave me the insight to improve my plan along the way. I will take the skills learned here and continue to implement and improve my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment